Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie6.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270895 and growing!

Fernvale chicken rice stall very dirty kena SFA - AsianBandar.Com Forums

Gossip Corner 
 Main Menu > Gossip Corner > Fernvale chicken rice stall very dirty kena SFA

» CHAT Now! «  [ 239 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: Fernvale chicken rice stall very dirty kena SFA       - Views: 113
LONGSTER
27-Mar 2024 Wednesday 9:57 PM (32 days ago)               #1
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Liked By: 61179
Followers: 3

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

Team Ranked: #3 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 80,547,500 Total Members: 1291

LONGSTER
27-Mar 2024 Wednesday 9:58 PM (32 days ago)            #2
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) has taken enforcement actions against a chicken rice stall at Fernvale Hawker Centre & Market following feedback from multiple Stompers.

The third and latest complaint came from Stomper Amos, who visited Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice on March 3.

Amos recounted: "I heard a loud commotion when the cashier, an old Chinese man, shouted aggressively at another customer for using CDC vouchers to pay.

"I immediately looked up the name of the chicken rice stall and read numerous online complaints about its unprofessional hawkers failing to wear masks.

"I also noticed that the majority of the stall's staff did not cover their faces with masks when I was there.

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

Team Ranked: #3 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 80,547,500 Total Members: 1291
LONGSTER
27-Mar 2024 Wednesday 9:58 PM (32 days ago)            #3
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

"Worse still, the cashier was coughing non-stop while I was in the queue. He looked like he was ill."

Amos said he left and patronised another stall "which practiced good hygiene" instead, adding: "Maybe because it was Sunday, these hawkers assumed SFA officers would not visit them. The authorities should do something about this."

This comes after two earlier Stomp reports in which diners shared similar concerns.

Stomper Jerald, who visited the stall on Feb 25, said: "I wish to highlight that the male food handler at the counter did not wear his mask and was coughing the whole time."

Separately, Stomper Shuhui said after her Jan 28 visit: "I was at the stall and instantly noticed that the uncle at the counter did not wear his mask and was constantly coughing into customers' food.

All three Stompers shared photos of staff at the stall not wearing masks or not putting them on properly.

In response to a Stomp query, SFA said it has carried out "several inspections" at the premises and taken enforcement actions against the licensee for its food handlers' failure to comply with the mask/spit guard requirements.

SFA told Stomp on March 22: "The licensee has been reminded to ensure that all food handlers involved in Ready-To-Eat (RTE) food preparation comply with the mask/spit guard requirements as stipulated under the licensing conditions, and that enforcement actions will be taken against those who fail to do so.

"Since April 2020, SFA has made it a requirement for all food handlers involved in RTE food preparation to wear masks/spit guard, for food safety.

"Personnel not involved in the preparation/handling of RTE food (e.g. cashiers, waiters, hawkers selling raw and/or non-RTE market produce etc) are not required to put on mask/spit guard."

More info on the wearing of masks or spit guards by food handlers can be found on SFA's website.

"Food safety is a joint responsibility," SFA added.

"While SFA puts in place and enforces the regulatory measures, food operators must play their part by adhering to good food hygiene and preparation practices. Food operators should also ensure their premises are clean and well-maintained."

Members of the public who have concerns about food safety practices by food operators should report to SFA via its online feedback form.

SFA said it takes a serious view towards food safety and will investigate all feedback alleging poor food safety practices.

As part of the enquiry and gathering of evidence, SFA may engage the feedback provider for more details and will not hesitate to take enforcement action if sufficient evidence has been obtained

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

LONGSTER
27-Mar 2024 Wednesday 10:03 PM (32 days ago)            #4
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Customer and Kovan stall employee argue after daughter allegedly overcharged for chicken rice

An argument between a chicken rice stall employee and a customer ensued after the latter's teenage daughter was allegedly overcharged for chicken rice at Kovan Market & Food Centre last Monday (Dec 9).

Stomper Tan cried fowl over the incident that occurred at the Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice stall at around 1.30pm.

She said her 13-year-old daughter had ordered chicken thigh rice from the stall, which was "supposed to be only $3.50".

"However, the stall uncle offered her only either $4.50 or $5.50 for a plate of chicken rice," said Tan.

"As there were no prices stated at the stall, my daughter thought it cost $4.50 for a small plate of chicken rice and paid up.

"After she came back, I was curious and asked her how much the chicken rice cost. I was shocked when she said it was $4.50 as it was so expensive and I thought she might have been overcharged.

"I went back to the stall to ask about the prices, and another uncle there said the chicken rice was $2.50 and $3.50.

"After knowing the 'actual price', we waited for the first uncle to return so that I could ask him about the overcharged chicken rice.

"As soon as he was back, I asked him how much a plate of chicken rice cost. He said it was $3.50, which was totally not the price that he charged my daughter.

"I became really furious and asked him, 'Why was my daughter overcharged for this plate of chicken rice? Isn't it supposed to be $3.50?'

"He not only said that my daughter had ordered willingly, but also claimed that he had asked her whether she wanted a $4.50 or $5.50 portion.

"He also answered in a totally rude manner which really triggered me to report him.

"All we wanted was a reasonable meal, but instead we were overcharged and also had an argument which caused me to have no appetite."

Tan also shared with Stomp a video that shows her arguing with the uncle in Hokkien.

She can be heard saying twice: "You did not put how much."

Tan also repeatedly accused the uncle of "cheating children" and said "$1 also want to cheat", but the uncle replied that the stall was honest and aboveboard.

The Stomper, who told the uncle that she could afford paying $5.50, added: "You might as well tell her $9 or $10 for a plate of chicken rice!"

According to Tan, she was not given a refund and was told to "go ahead" in reporting the stall.

She subsequently went to look up the stall on Google reviews and realised that other customers have had similar experiences at the same outlet.

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

LONGSTER
27-Mar 2024 Wednesday 10:04 PM (32 days ago)            #5
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

"Rude staff" also appears to be a common sentiment in the reviews.

Tan told Stomp: "I'm not the only one who has been overcharged.

"I really hope action will be taken against the stall as I don't think patrons and diners deserve this."

View more screenshots of the reviews in the gallery.

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

LONGSTER
27-Mar 2024 Wednesday 10:58 PM (32 days ago)            #6
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

This message was edited by LONGSTER on 27-Mar-2024 at 10:58 PM

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Gossip Corner > Fernvale chicken rice stall very dirty kena SFA

Change Timezone:   

17. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service